Requires GMS2 2.2.4 runtimes (or newer), otherwise you will not be able to build any of these extensions!
Using this Google Play Services asset, you can implement a wide range of Google services in one go:
If you do not require support for any of the add-on extensions in your game, simply don't select those extensions when importing this asset (or you can just delete the extensions out of your project afterwards if you Import All). However, be aware none of the add-on extensions will work if you don't import the base Google Play Services one also.
There are mini-manuals for this functionality as Included Files in the asset.
1) To be able to build any project including the Google Play Services extensions you'll need Android Studio and the newer AndroidX support library. Please see our https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/227860547-GMS2-Required-SDKs FAQ for more info.
2) For logging into Google Play, make sure that you're targeting your own Google Services ID in Game Options > Android > Social. You may also need to upload a package to Google Play Console before you'll be able to log in on your app. When signing into your game via Google Play Services, you must be using an executable that has been signed in the project with the same keystore as the one initially provided to the Google Play Console, otherwise login attempts will be rejected and will return -1.
2b) Also, if you have enabled Google-managed signing for your game, then you will always have to send a package to Google in order to test Google Play Services (testing a locally-deployed APK on your phone will not work, as you won't be able to sign-in).
3) To test Achievements and Leaderboards, you'll need to create your own game on the Google Play Console and create achievements and leaderboards for it there.
4) To test IAPs, you'll need to create your own game on the Google Play Console and create the IAP products for your game on the web panel, then ensure your Google Licensing Public Key is set in Game Options > Android > Packaging, implement your initial IAP code, and then also upload a package to Google. Please note that this demo only shows an example of the in-game side of subscription purchases - please refer to Google's own documentation as to how to create your payment verification webserver which the game will need to talk to in order to unlock/manage your subscriptions in a published game scenario.
5) To test licensing, you'll need to create your own game on the Google Play Console and enable the use of Google Licensing, then ensure your Google Licensing Public Key is set in Game Options > Android > Packaging (same values you may have already done for IAPs), and then also upload a package to Google.
!! Important - This version has removed the use of UIWebView in the Google Mobile Ads extension, which is now not allowed by Apple and so causes submissions to fail. If you are trying to use Google Mobile Ads on iOS, you will have to use this version. If you want ONLY this one change, you can take the PersonalizedAdContent.framework.zip file in the Google Mobile Ads extension and overwrite the copy you have currently in your [YOUR PROJECT]\extensions\GooglePlayAdsExtension\iOSSourceFromMac folder and then clean your project cache and build again. This will fix your submission issue. !!
As well as the above important fix, we fixed a number of small bugs including: 0031606: Google Play Services: Extension does not allow for accessing the username or id after automatic sign-in 0031375: Google Mobile Ads: Unwanted debug toast still enabled for when leaving a rewarded ad, should comment-out 0029363: Google Play Services: Admob update has a COARSE_LOCATION permission which is not required 0031466: Google Mobile Ads: Consent form show function gives an exception
We have also had a major clear-out of stale code and assets in the project, added more achievements, added a full IAP setup example, and fixed a lot of the debug values being shown properly. The demo project is now much easier to follow and understand what's going on before you put the extensions into your own project.