DLCEXT - Jack Of All Trades for Windows
From the 'DLC' series of software products comes this compilation which can only be aptly described as a "Swiss Army Knife" type of extension. Whether you're looking to enhance your project with a set of advanced networking functions, accessibility options or registry access - don't look any further. We've got you all set with a single, easy to use package that will do exactly what it's promising to do... and possibly much more.
FEATURES (37 functions in total)
- Retrieve both local and public IPv4 addresses of your internet gateway device (i.e. router)
- Mask your IPv4 address(es) as invitation code(s) for peer-to-peer multiplayer sessions
- Set and remove port forwardings via Universal Plug & Play (UPnP) or NAT-PMP¹
- Interruptible text-to-speech with the ability to set voice, volume and speed parameters
- Read, write and delete values and keys from the Windows registry²
- Easy to use message logging with customizable prefix and output file name
- Lock the mouse cursor to your active game window (or any screen region)
- Extensive voice chat functionality powered by OPUS
¹ Disclaimer: there is no guarantee that port forwarding functions will work on your specific computer / network configuration. Your router needs to a) support either UPnP or NAT-PMP and b) be enabled for it in the device's settings. Please refer to your router's instruction manual for further details.
² Thraxx Media will not be held responsible for any damages you might cause when carelessly modifying your registry without proper knowledge of what you're doing. Please refer to the extension's manual (download link below) for further information on what you can and cannot do with it.
...and if all of the above wasn't worth the asset's price already, check this out:
Based on customer feedback and suggestions, MORE FEATURES will be added in future versions as free updates.
- Microsoft Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10
- GameMaker Studio 2.x
Download the manual
Download the free demo
End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
Age Rating: 4+
GMS2 - Version 1.1.3. Published November 8, 2021
- Added a function to allow left/right audio channel panning (balance) for voice chat
- Fixed a critical bug that would cause a crash if more than 2 clients were speaking
- Fixed yet another bug that was preventing log files from being created properly
- Increased the lease time of NAT-PMP port mappings to 96 hours (up from 24)
- Overhauled the entire audio subsystem to use XAudio2 instead of WinMM
- Dropped Windows 7 support as a result of the above mentioned overhaul
- Lots of minor fixes, code optimizations and stability improvements
Loading, please wait
What is the issue?
Loading, please wait