If you want smooth room transition effects in your game, look no further. This extension provides you with all you need to get going quickly as well as for designing your own transitions with ease!
There is none! Simply call room_goto_transition to switch rooms while using a transition effect. The function takes an enum value from ROOM_TRANSITION to specify which transition you would like to use, the length of transition in seconds, and whether or not the room you are entering should freeze for the length of the transition or not.
This extension is made to be as simple to use as possible but feature rich as well. Here are some highlights:
- Over 30 transitions included out of the box
- Instance freezing can make the game wait for the transition. Handles deactivated instances and physics objects perfectly fine.
- Adding your own transitions is a piece of cake. Your transition code is automatically provided with a snapshot of each room, a surface to render to, and the percentage through the transition.
- System handles difficult situations with ease. If you change screen sizes between rooms or even don't use the application surface, the system can still function just fine.
- No setup required! Just pop in the extension and call the room_goto_transition function out-of-the-box!
- Transitions are handled in realtime not game time. Lag, or changing FPS mid-way through your project doesn't alter the transitions at all.
Platform Support / Resources
This system is programmed in native GML with all systems in mind. It has not been tested on mobile or browser exports at this time, however.
Is there something here you need or want? Came a cross a bug? Let me know! I actively maintain all my extensions for the lifetime of the product they are targeted for.
Take a look at the built-in transition effects by clicking this video:
End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
Age Rating: 4+
GMS2 - Version 1.0.3. Published August 20, 2020
- Changed how the ENUMS and script handling works to properly support both GMS 2.2 and GMS 2.3
- Tweaked some settings with render size detection which should remove the need for the view-size hack under most cases.
Loading, please wait
What is the issue?
Loading, please wait