GMS 2.3+ Only.
Feel free to email with any issues, questions, or suggestions.
Alternatively, check out the Inventory Engine resource.
This resource provides you with a full engine to implement a Minecraft-like inventory into your game, including enchanting items! With flexibility for any sizes or formatting you like.
Preview: Click to Play Online Preview (FYI: objects flash white when hit using gpu_set_fog() which doesn't work in the HTML5 preview)
- Flexible inventory system with Hotbar HUD, for your RPG games
- Includes enchanting system where you define the items that can/'t be enchanted, the enchantment source items and costs, the enchantments and their effects
- You can completely change any of the UI sprites, sizes, formatting, or columns/rows and hotbar to suit
- Hover the mouse over items to show their details popup which you can define what variables are shown in the item hover popup window and all of its formatting
- In the room:
- -- Press a key (E in example) to show the inventory
- -- Left click to mine/attack (on the object)
- -- Right click to use/interact
- -- WASD or arrow keys to move
- -- Save the armour/inventory to a file (Press F in example)
- -- Load the armour/inventory from the save file (Press L in example)
- In the inventory UI:
- -- Press a key (E & Esc in example) to dismiss the inventory
- -- Left click to select, combine, and place stacks of items (or swap them)
- -- Right click to select half a stack and place 1 of an item (or swap them)
- -- Shift + left/right click to quickly swap items between inventory/armour and Hotbar and enchant table UI
- -- Drop items or stacks by clicking outside of the inventory or pressing a key (Q in example)
- -- Mouse Wheel or number keys to select Hotbar item
- Customizable to put into your own game
End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
Age Rating: 4+
GMS1 - Version 1.0.3. Published July 21, 2021
Updated to move with view/camera
GMS2 - Version 2.0.1. Published July 21, 2021
GMS2.3 - Version 2.0.4. Published July 27, 2021
Fix for dismissing the inventory when still have an item from an armour slot selected
Loading, please wait
What is the issue?
Loading, please wait