GMS 2.3+ Only.
Feel free to email with any issues, questions, or suggestions.
Alternatively, check out the Inventory Engine resource.
This resource provides you with a full engine to implement a Minecraft-like inventory into your game, including enchanting items! With flexibility for any sizes or formatting you like.
Preview: Click to Play Online Preview (FYI: objects flash white when hit using gpu_set_fog() which doesn't work in the HTML5 preview)
- Flexible inventory system with Hotbar HUD, for your RPG games
- Includes enchanting system where you define the items that can/'t be enchanted, the enchantment source items and costs, the enchantments and their effects
- You can completely change any of the UI sprites, sizes, formatting, or columns/rows and hotbar to suit
- Hover the mouse over items to show their details popup which you can define what variables are shown in the item hover popup window and all of its formatting
- In the room:
- -- Press a key (E in example) to show the inventory
- -- Left click to mine/attack (on the object)
- -- Right click to use/interact
- -- WASD or arrow keys to move
- -- Save the armour/inventory to a file (Press F in example)
- -- Load the armour/inventory from the save file (Press L in example)
- In the inventory UI:
- -- Press a key (E & Esc in example) to dismiss the inventory
- -- Left click to select, combine, and place stacks of items (or swap them)
- -- Right click to select half a stack and place 1 of an item (or swap them)
- -- Shift + left/right click to quickly swap items between inventory/armour and Hotbar and enchant table UI
- -- Drop items or stacks by clicking outside of the inventory or pressing a key (Q in example)
- -- Mouse Wheel or number keys to select Hotbar item
- Customizable to put into your own game
End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
Age Rating: 4+
GMS1 - Version 1.0.3. Published July 21, 2021
Updated to move with view/camera
GMS2 - Version 2.0.1. Published July 21, 2021
GMS2.3 - Version 2.0.6. Published October 15, 2021
mcli_add_item(); now returns result failure/success
Loading, please wait
What is the issue?
Loading, please wait