This demo shows an effective way of using GameMaker Studio 2's tilemap features to create a simple side scrolling platform game.
- Using tile layers to create a visual 2D world and create a collision map
- Camera that follows the player around the Room
- Displaying a simple user interface with player health and score
- Simple animated player character that can walk, jump, and climb
- Room inheritance and sprite changing to create additional level biomes
- Using inheritance to perform the same actions on multiple objects
Graphical assets may not be redistributed, or re-used in a free or commercial product. Source may be used freely.
End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
Version 1.0.7. Published November 17, 2016
Age Rating: 4+