I'm back! This time I bring you an FPS debug screen asset. This asset contains one object, that's it. Just put this object in your project and you're ready to go!
Here's a list of functions this project contains:
- A visualization of the real-fps variable of the most recent time period.
- The possibility to disable the drawing of the debug screen (note: the real-fps variables will still be gathered so you'll still have the most recent data).
- The possibility to swap the debug screen from top to bottom of the game window and the other way around.
- The possibility to change the debug screen height.
- The possibility to change the FPS value of a reference line, this way you can set performance goals (if the FPS debug line is always above your reference line, you'll know that your performance goal is reached).
- The possibility to change the highest FPS value that can be drawn in the debug screen.
- The possibility to change the alpha value you draw the debug screen with (changes the transparancy of the debug screen).
There are 4 things you need to take into account when implementing this project
- You'll need to make sure that your view width and height are correct, even if you don't use views in your game. This project automatically adapts to the screen, but it will only work with correct view widths and heights.
- This asset uses a surface. If you change the size of the application_surface while this object is active the game will crash. There's probably a way to fix this, but that fix isn't included in this project because it doesn't use full-screen (this was a choice of efficiency, because the function to get an integer input gets you out of fullscreen automatically).
- This asset uses the function keys 1-6, make sure that this doesn't interfere with key bindings of your own project.
- Even gathering FPS data costs some calculations. Therefore, I recommend removing this object in the finished game and only use it for debugging.
End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
Version 1.0.0. Published July 27, 2016
Created with GameMaker: Studio v1.4.1757
Age Rating: 4+
This asset hasn't received enough reviews yet.
You can only review assets you've bought.
No reviews yet
No reviews have been left for this asset - be the first!
Loading, please wait