This asset allows you to create dynamically generated backgrounds from sprites, with support for parallax effects and seamless wrapping at the room's borders. It can be used for many situations, not only space-themed projects. Implementation is quite easy and straightforward!
LITE VERSION: LACKS FEATURES SUCH AS PER-LAYER EDITING (AND MANY OTHER THINGS)
If you enjoy this asset a lot, then you should definitely get the paid version, it offers a lot more, including full control over each layer, check it out here: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/1664/dynamic-backgrounds
DEMO (full!): http://tinyurl.com/nphjrng
DEV THREAD: http://tinyurl.com/ml3fx5k
FULL VERSION: http://tinyurl.com/o8uqxkl
Feature list (lite):
- Dynamically generated background composed of sprites, no popping in even for large sprites
- Layer-based approach, where maximum amount of sprites can be specified.
- Seamless wrapping at the room's border, you won't notice a thing
- Support for parallax effect
- Randomization options (size, angle, image index) and examples
- Some basic artwork and examples with them included
How to use:
- Buy the asset
- In GM:S, go to the Marketplace Beta roll-down menu and select "My Library".
- Click the "Add to Project" button next to my asset and add at least the fonts, sprites 'DBobject_lite' and the init room (which must be at the top of your room list!!!).
- Make sure that the object's depth is in line with the depth of your own background setup if you have any.
- In the init room, specify global.roomborder (0 for no seamless wrapping).
- Just put the DBobject in the room and tweak it by copying its entire creation code and pasting it in the creation code of its instance in the room. Follow commented instructions in the creation code.
- Video (full, but covers lite too): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPyHItauyHM
- E-Mail me if you run into issues, I'll help!
End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
Age Rating: 4+
GMS1 - Version 1.1.1. Published March 26, 2015
Loading, please wait
What is the issue?
Loading, please wait