Edge Engine Splash Screen, or Edge SS, is a fully cross-platform splash screen module designed for ease of use and feature-richness for the ultimate splash screen solution. All code is fully notated and designed for human readability, and extensive documentation is included.
Elegant splash screens with custom fade in, pause, and fade out times
Brilliantly simple execution requiring only two or three lines of code at minimum
Advanced splash screen variants for users who want complete control
Multiple splash screens can be strung together seamlessly with no 'if' statements or extra code
Any code or action can be triggered when splash screens are complete
Extensible animation effects system to go beyond simple fades
Adapts to any FPS
And of course, Edge SS is compatible with all other Edge Engine modules as well! Try it with Edge Engine Display Scaler for instant compatibility with all screen resolutions!
• Removed use of views in favor of using GUI for positioning
• Removed use of manual IDs in favor of automatic IDs
• Updated edgess_draw_splash_ext to use relative input values, allowing for manipulation of effects
• Use of edgess_end_splash is now mandatory
• Performing an event in edgess_end_splash is now optional
• Minor improvements to code
• Renamed edgess_prepare_splash to edgess_init_splash for clarity and consistency with other modules
• Updated documentation to new format
• Added option to set the view to be used for drawing splash screens
• Hidden cursors are now unhidden at the end of edgess_draw_splash—no more edgess_end_splash necessary!
• Minor additional improvements
• Hiding the mouse cursor is now optional
See online documentation for full changelog
Version 1.6.0. Published November 10, 2016
Created with GameMaker: Studio v1.4.1763
You can only review assets you've bought.
Easy beyond belief
I was sitting down to build out a prototype for a presentation and thought I might go with the standard out-of-box look and feel of a splash and studio screen. Well, this coupled with my graphics made it look so professional.
It took literally 20 minutes if that to get it setup.
This review was left for a previous version of this asset.