TwitchIO can be used to create everything from a simple chatbot to fully interactive games controlled by Twitch chat.
Reworked everything from https://github.com/GameMakerDiscord/GMTwitch
It has been simplified, improved, made more stable and of course made compatible with GameMaker Studio 2.
1) Open script "twitch_config"
2) Replace "global.channel"
3) Replace "global.botname"
4) Replace "global.oauth"
NOTE: If you don't have an OAUTH token, get it here: https://twitchapps.com/tmi/ (Make sure you're logged into the bot account when getting the OAUTH token)
1) Open script "twitch_commands"
2) Add case for the command string you want to react to (without prefix!)
NOTE: You can make a case call, create and destroy objects or scripts for easy command management
The following variables can be changed in script "twitch_config":
- prefix (This is the prefix to trigger a command from chat)
- max_messages (Max amount of message to store in a DS list, in case you want to use it)
- max_responses (Max amount of responses to store in a DS list which is going to be responded to)
- response_timeout (Seconds between each response, this is done to prevent the bot from getting banned)